3 Fan-Driven Firsts to Debut at “The Tricky Triangle” Next Weekend
50/50 Raffle, Celebrity Red Carpet #SelfieSuite and Public Access to Infield Block Party
LONG POND, PA (May 30, 2014) – Pocono Raceway announced today three first-time, fan-driven activities to occur at the June 6-8 Pocono 400 race weekend. These new events include a 50/50 raffle, the opportunity to be upgraded to the Red Carpet #SelfieSuite at Pocono’s Tricky Triangle Club Presented by Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, featuring appearances by movie stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum and NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne, and the possibility to enjoy the Infield Block Party on Saturday night for a small donation, per car, to Pocono Raceway’s local fire department.
Next weekend fans will have the opportunity to participate in a weekend-long 50/50 contest where one lucky winner will take home a 50% share of the total jackpot. The efforts of the Mattioli Foundation, the Raceway’s official charitable foundation and hosts of the raffle, should yield an estimated jackpot of $30,000. Proceeds from the contest will benefit the NASCAR Foundation.
The Red Carpet #SelfieSuite is a VIP-seating area located inside Pocono Raceway’s Tricky Triangle Club Presented by Kalahari Resorts and Conventions. Fan interested in getting as-close-as possible to co-stars of ’22 Jump Street’ Hill and Tatum, along with NASCAR drivers Kahne, Reed Sorenson and more, can do so by visiting www.poconoraceway.com and entering promo code REDCARPET. By purchasing a 100-level Sunday Grandstand ticket, using the promo code mentioned, fans will be automatically entered to be upgraded to the Red Carpet #SelfieSuite. Fans will be contacted after a random drawing is held by Pocono Raceway.
The Infield Block Party, usually reserved for Camping/RV guests only, will be open to the general public on Saturday night. For a small donation of $5, per car, to the Tunkhannock Township Fire Department, fans will be able to enjoy all the Infield Block Party has to offer. This includes the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest Qualifier, live bands, family-friendly entertainment and the annual Fireworks show. For more information, visit www.poconoraceway.com/blockparty14.
Additionally, Pocono Raceway reminds fans of the following. For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/400specials.
Friday, June 6
- The first-ever knockout, group qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Pocono Raceway.
- Kids 12 and under, with accompaniment of an adult with a Friday Grandstand ticket, are FREE to attend.
- Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass holders will have the same access they have enjoyed, on Fridays, as in years past, even with the new qualifying format.
Saturday, June 7
- The seventh annual Bowlopolis Kids Days featuring a kid-generated, question-and-answer session with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Clint Bowyer and Jamie McMurray.
- Kids 12 and under, with accompaniment of an adult with a Saturday Grandstand ticket, are FREE to attend.
- Pocono Raceway Festival, presented by Sherman Theater, in downtown Stroudsburg.
- Third Annual Pocono Skate Race presented by Sector 9.
Sunday, June 8
- Pocono’s annual Tweet Up featuring driver and special guest appearances, giveaways and more. Follow @poconoraceway on Twitter for more info during the Pocono 400 race weekend.
- Half-priced 100 and 200 level Grandstand tickets for kids, ages 12 and under.
- Tricky Triangle Club featuring lunch, beverages, four beer tickets, a welcome souvenir bag, Sunday Pit Tour Pass and access to above mentioned driver/celebrity appearances.
- Jimmie Johnson Fan Experience featuring the Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic and a 15-minute, kid-generated question-and-answer session with the defending Pocono 400 winner, Jimmie Johnson.
- Pocono’s Inaugural Bud Light Halftime Party which features beer, beer games, food and a television to watch the race, behind the Grandstands, from laps 60-120 of the Pocono 400 on Sunday.
For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com, call us at 1-800-722-3929 or submit your questions to us on Facebook and Twitter. All appearances and events are subject to change without notice. Certain terms, conditions and fees may apply.