IMPORTANT: This information applies to your golf car, scooter or mule. This request information is not good or valid for personal or rental cars, trucks, motor homes, etc. The term “golf car” will be known to include scooters and mules throughout this document.
You have indicated that your team, company, vendor, etc will be using a golf car(s) on Pocono Raceway property during one or all of our 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series or Verizon IndyCar Series race weekends.
Here’s What’s Included:
- Pocono Raceway Golf Car Policy
- 2018 Golf Car Credential Request Form Link
- Sample Certificate of Insurance / Insurance Binder Link
- Golf Car Rental Vendor Information
Be sure to read the Pocono Raceway Golf Car Policy completely. The policy includes important rules and regulations, designed to provide a safe environment for all persons attending events at Pocono Raceway and specific insurance information.
Complete the 2018 Golf Car Credential Request Form. Complete all fields indicated to ensure a successful request submission.
Golf Car credentials will not be issued without a specific and current certificate of liability insurance on file with the Pocono Raceway Credential Department.
Click here to download a sample insurance document that you can forward directly to your insurance agent for ease of translation. For proper language for certificate see below:
When you have your completed Certificate of Insurance please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 570.646.2010.
Certificates of Insurance that must accompany the commercial-use golf car credential request require:
- Certificate Holder be listed as: Pocono International Raceway, Inc.
- Specifically state that use of a golf car is covered by insurance.
- Include the name of the company that will be operating the equipment on Pocono Raceway property as the named insured on the certificate.
- Include comprehensive general liability insurance with limits not less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence and Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000) in the aggregate.
*Include the appropriate additional insured language (as described below) in the “Description of Operations” or “Special Conditions” section of the certificate:
DESCRIPTION OF OPERATIONS/LOCATIONS/VEHICLES (Attach ACORD 101, Additional Remarks Schedule, if more space is required)
Coverage provided for Insured’s use of Golf Car’s at Pocono International Raceway, Inc. on XXXXXXXXXX. Additional Insureds: Pocono International Raceway, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective members, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees, related and affiliated companies, sponsors, trustees, receivers, successors and assigns but only as respects the operations of the Named Insured. General Liability coverage is afforded on a Primary basis to Additional Insureds and includes a Waiver of Subrogation in favor of Additional Insureds.
Please contact the Credential Office at 570.643.7126 or email@example.com with any questions.
Pocono Raceway Golf Car Policy
Golf cars used on Pocono Raceway property are permitted for business purposes only. No personal use is allowed for any reason.
- Permitted golf cars must be registered (including provision of insurance) with Pocono Raceway and must display the registration golf car credential on the golf car at all times.
- Permitted golf cars must be driven by a licensed person over the age of 18.
- No one under the influence of alcohol may operate a golf car. No consumption of alcohol is permitted in the golf car. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any powered vehicle, except for outside commercial delivery purposes only.
- Physically impaired, disabled or handicapped persons are permitted to use purpose-built, single-person electric convenience vehicles (ECV’s). These vehicles will not require a registration credential.
Violation of these regulations will result in the golf car being impounded for the remainder of the event weekend and possible expulsion of the operator from the property.
For your safety and the safety of passengers:
- Do not leave golf cars unattended
- Do not text and drive
- No standing or sitting in any area of golf car not intended for passenger seating. No overloading golf car. Only transport allowed seating capacity
- Maintain a safe and cautious speed during operation of golf car
- Use caution in highly congested areas
Pocono issued Golf Car Credentials must be affixed to the golf car in plain sight at all times. Any golf cars without a plainly visible golf car credential will be parked.
These regulations are designed to provide a safe environment for all persons attending events at Pocono Raceway. Thank you for your cooperation.
- What does for business use only mean?
To qualify for a Pocono Raceway golf car credential owned or rental you must be Raceway staff, event personnel, approved food service or vendor, sponsor, team owner, team crew chief, team driver, media or other pre-approved event purpose. All must have a signed waiver and specific COI on file to qualify.
- Can anyone rent or bring personal golf cars on Raceway property?
No. For the safety of all fans and personnel golf car use is strictly limited to business use only. (see #1)
- What if I don’t have the minimum required insurance?
Due to liability and insurance requirements, we can only credential those meeting insurance requirements. Contact your individual insurance provider for information on adding the required coverage to your policy.
Pocono Raceway Provides Golf Car Credentials ONLY.
A Golf Car Credential is required in order to operate a golf car on Pocono Raceway property.
Are You Looking to Rent a Golf Car?
Virginia Golf Cars, Inc. will exclusively provide golf car rental services for clients looking to rent a golf car at Pocono Raceway.
Follow the link above for further information.
Any golf car rentals acquired through Virginia Golf Cars must be registered with Pocono Raceway’s Credential Department. All rentals require a golf car credential in order to be operated on Pocono Raceway property. You must request a golf car credential by completing the online Golf Car Credential Request Form and providing an approved COI as explained in this document.