LONG POND, Pa. (May 22, 2018) – Pocono Raceway will host several fan-driven events, taking place both on and off the track, during the Pocono 400 race weekend from June 1-3. The major races each day will include the General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards (ARCA) race on Friday, the Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race on Saturday and the Pocono 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) race on Sunday.
The weekend will kick off with the second annual Monster Energy NASCAR Free Friday on June 1. Fans can bring an empty can of Monster Energy to be recycled at our gates and receive free admission to all events on Friday. Additionally, kids, ages 12 and under, are free to enter the gates on Friday and Saturday. Half-priced tickets are available, in select Grandstand sections, on Sunday for children ages 12 and under. Adult Grandstand tickets start at $25 on Saturday and $45 on Sunday. Camping tickets start at $150 and access for camping guests begins at 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 31. Buy tickets by visiting www.poconoraceway.com/tickets.
Friday’s on-track activity will include ARCA practice, two NXS practices, MENCS practice and qualifying and the General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 ARCA race. Saturday’s on-track schedule will include NXS practice and qualifying, one MENCS practice session and the Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons NXS race. The green flag for Sunday’s Pocono 400 MENCS race is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET.
Pocono Raceway will also host several fan-driven events and activities throughout the Pocono 400 race weekend. Fans can visit www.poconoraceway.com/schedule for a full list of events. Several of these events and activities include…
- 50/50 Raffle to Benefit the Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital – Pocono Raceway and the Mattioli Foundation will host a 50/50 Raffle to benefit the Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital. Fans have won over $100,000 to date during previous race weekend 50/50 raffles. Fans should look out for 50/50 Raffle volunteers, who will be roaming the entire facility, wearing bright yellow shirts all weekend long. Raffle tickets will also be sold near the Gate 8 Box office behind the Grandstand and the Infield Welcome Center in the infield. One lucky fan will be announced before the end of Sunday’s race as the winner of the raffle.
- Sensory Kits and Rooms, courtesy of KultureCity – Fans who have sensory issues will be able to access sensory rooms or receive a sensory bag. Earlier this year, Pocono Raceway announced their partnership with KultureCity to become the first inclusive motorsports facility in the world. Many staff members have been trained to recognize individuals who are having a sensory issue while visiting the track. Sensory bags and sensory rooms will be made available to any individual who needs them. Visit the Gate 8 Ticket Office or the Infield Fan Center for more details or to obtain a sensory bag.
- Pocono Raceway’s Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital Kids Club – Members of the Raceway’s Kids Club can receive great perks throughout the race weekend. These perks include access to Matt DiBenedetto’s Q&A session on Friday, the opportunity to walk across the stage with NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers during driver introductions on Saturday amd access to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver/crew chief meeting on Sunday. The Kids Club is open to children ages 14 and under. Visit poconoraceway.com/kidsclub for more details. Registration for the chance to take part in the above mentioned Kids Club events closes Friday, May 25, 2018.
- #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground – The #POCONOMTNS Inclusive Playground, the first inclusive playground located inside a NASCAR track, will open to all camping guests on Thursday, May 31 at Noon. The playground, which opens following a partnership with Pocono Raceway and the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, will be available to kids of all abilities and ages as a place to learn, grow and play together. It is wheelchair accessible and includes several key inclusive elements for children who have autism and those who have sensory issues. The playground will also be open to the local community and those visiting the Pocono Mountains, free of charge, during non NASCAR and INDYCAR race weekends. For additional details, please visit poconoraceway.com/playground.
- NASCAR Hauler Parades for Camping Guests – Camping guests should be on the lookout for two NASCAR hauler parades on Thursday, May 31. The parade route is through Family Grandstand camping to Trackside camping, entry into the infield through the gate between Turns 2 and 3 and through the infield road course (known as Doc’s Way) to the exit of Turn 3. The NASCAR Xfinity Series hauler parade will take place from 4:30 – 4:45 p.m. ET. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series hauler parade will begin at 6 p.m. ET. Fans who are not camping at Pocono Raceway during the weekend can follow along through the track’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Monster Energy NASCAR Free Friday – As previously mentioned, the Raceway will host their second annual Monster Energy NASCAR Free Friday. Fans can bring an empty can of Monster Energy to be recycled to receive free access to events taking place at the Raceway on Friday, June 1. Fans can access the Grandstand and Fan Fair for the entire day. For more details visit poconoraceway/freefriday.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver Autograph Session – Several of the rising stars from the NASCAR Xfinity Series will take part in a fan autograph session at Pocono Raceway’s new Fan Welcome Center, located inside Fan Fair and by Gate 10, at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 1. A limited number of wristbands will be available and will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, at the Fan Welcome Center starting at 8 a.m. ET. Driver list will be announced at a later date and can be found by visiting poconoraceway.com/schedule.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series Open Garage – Fans will have the opportunity to visit the NASCAR Xfinity Series garage from 4:30-5:30 p.m. ET on Friday, June 1. A limited number of wristbands will be distributed for this event. Camping guests can visit the Infield Fan Center, located along Earnhardt Road, to inquire about a wristband starting on Thursday afternoon. Those who are attending the events at the track on Friday will be required to have a Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass. Wristband distribution for these guests will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Pocono Raceway tent in the Paddock beginning at 12 Noon ET on Friday.
- Selfie Session with Alex Bowman – In place of the common autograph session, Alex Bowman, driver of the No. 88 Chevrolet, will meet 75 groups of fans for the first event of its kind taking place during a NASCAR race weekend. It will be held behind Victory Lane, in the Paddock, for fans who pre-registered. Registration for this event was announced and the spots were filled within 90 minutes. For more information, visit poconoraceway.com/selfiesesh.
- Infield Block Party and Pocono Raceway Fireworks This Saturday – The public is invited to attend Pocono Raceway’s Infield Block Party and Fireworks show this Saturday night. For a $10 cash donation, per vehicle, to our local fire department, fans may enter the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 5 pm ET on Saturday, June 2. Events include live music by M80 and Tim Dugger, a Red Robin food truck, a bar for the adults and kid-friendly activities such as wiffleball, knocker balls and a zipline. This event is complimentary for all of our race weekend camping guests. For more information please visit poconoraceway.com/blockparty.
- Tricky Triangle Club Featuring Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch – The Tricky Triangle Club is Pocono Raceway’s #1 option for Fan Hospitality. It will feature Q&A sessions with NASCAR Cup Series champs Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch. Tricky Triangle Club ticket holders will receive exclusive access to the driver Q&A session, a Sunday Pit Pass, pre-race meal and beverages, four beer tickets (for those ages 21 and up), a welcome bag which includes an official Pocono 400 souvenir program and a chance to win giveaway items For information and to purchase your Tricky Triangle Club pass, please visit poconoraceway.com/ttc.
- Matt DiBenedetto Club Pocono Appearance – Matt DiBenedetto, driver of the No. 32 Zynga Poker Ford, will make an appearance at Club Pocono at 10 a.m. ET on Sunday. This event is open to all Club Pocono ticket holders. In addition to the DiBenedetto Q&A, Club Pocono ticket holders receive a seating behind pit road, complimentary FanVision, infield parking pass and a Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass. Tickets can be purchased by visiting https://www.poconoraceway.com/ticket/nascar-1/sunday-clubs-boxes.
- Pre-Race Concert presented by Mack Trucks with Steve Moakler – Steve Moakler, a rising country musician and Pittsburgh, Pa. native will perform a 45-minute pre-race concert on the frontstretch and near the start/finish line at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 3. Fans can get front stage access to the concert and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series driver introductions with a Pre-Race All Access Pass. A Sunday Grandstand Ticket, Pre-Race Pit/Paddock Pass and Pre-Race All Access Pass are required for VIP access to these events. Fans can visit poconoraceway.com/prerace for more information.
Before arriving to Pocono Raceway, guests should also visit www.poconoraceway.com/faninfo for information including what items are approved for entry into the track and additional guest policies and procedures.
NOTE: Date, times, events and locations are subject to change without notice. For tickets, certain terms, conditions and fees may apply.