LONG POND, Pa. (August 12, 2021) – The Great Pocono Raceway Airshow, headlined by the United States Air Force Thunderbirds, will showcase six incredible acts and family-friendly entertainment on Saturday, August 21 and Sunday, August 22. The pre-show activities include free carnival rides, interactive and educational displays, military activations, Pocono Raceway and USAF Thunderbird merchandise locations, numerous food and beverage options, live music and so much more. Tickets in the 300 Level have sold out for both days and only 200 Level tickets are available for sale.
This unique, stadium-style airshow will feature the same program both days. After enjoying the pre-show activities and events, guests will be thrilled by incredible performances courtesy of the USAF Thunderbirds, the GEICO Skytypers Air Show Team, the newly added United States Coast Guard MH-65D Dolphin Search and Rescue Demonstration, Scott Francis’ MXS, Mark Meredith’s Super Chipmunk and the Stars of History featuring a WWII-era Corsair and Zero.
Visit www.poconoairshow.com to purchase tickets and for full event details.
- Parking is $10 per vehicle or $20 for RV’s. Only CASH will be accepted for parking.
- Adult event tickets for the event start at $20.
- Event tickets for kids, ages 12 and under, are $10.
- All Airshow tickets will be delivered by email or mobile ticket delivery. Please purchase tickets ahead of time to avoid potential long ticketing lines on the event days.
Note: Certain terms, conditions and fees may apply for ticket purchases. No overnight parking available in the general parking areas, but Pocono Raceway has a seasonal campground, the Long Pond Campground, located approximately 1.5 miles from the track. Visit www.poconoraceway.com/campground for more details.
- Parking Lots Opening Time – 10 a.m. ET
- Fan Fair, Midways & Grandstand Gates Opening Time – 11 a.m. ET
- Airshow Program Start Time – 1 p.m. ET
- Airshow Program End Time – 3:30 p.m. ET (approximately.)
Note: All events, dates and times are subject to change without notice.
IMPORTANT GUEST INFORMATION:
- Those attending can access the parking lots through Gate 7, located off Route 115, or Gate 5, located off Long Pond Road.
- Coolers are not permitted. Outside food and beverages are also not allowed. Food, concessions, beverages, and alcohol can be purchased, via cash or credit card, once inside the Gates.
- Backpacks and cameras are allowed. Both are subject to a search before entry, certain items are prohibited and cameras cannot obstruct the view of other guests.
- Pocono Raceway will abide by state-issued COVID-19 protocols at the time of the event. Currently, masks are not required for outdoor entertainment venues nor will the Raceway require verification of a COVID-19 vaccine or negative COVID-19 test results.
Note: A full list of fan items, protocols and safety regulations can be found by visiting www.poconoairshow.com.
- United State Air Force Thunderbirds: They will perform approximately 30, precision aerial maneuvers to demonstrate the capabilities of Air Force high-performance, F-16 Fighting Falcons. The squadron exhibits the professional qualities the Air Force develops in the people who fly, maintain and support these aircraft.
- GEICO Skytypers Air Show Team: Six WWII era aircraft including the North American SNJ and the T-6 Texan variant. The team performs a low-level, precision demonstration that features maneuvers and tactics flown by the United States military. In addition to air show performances, the team ‘skytypes’ giant messages in the sky. Five aircraft will fly, in a line abreast formation, and type dot-matrix style 1,000-foot-tall messages seen for 15 miles in any direction.
- Scott Francis’ MXS: Scott Francis will showcase all the ultra-high performance MXS aircraft has to offer and its versatility. Francis’ MXS is one of just 12 in existence and will features speeds in excess of 300 mph, and dizzying roll rates of more than 400 degrees per second.
- Mark Meredith’s Super Chipmunk: The airshow experience delivered by Mark is a unique respite from and complement to the rapid-fire, high-energy routines of the modern carbon fiber aerobatic wonder weapon. It is refreshingly old-school, a flowing display of energy management and aerobatic mastery, harkening back to a salient period in American aerobatics. The Super Chippy will be a welcome addition to any airshow lineup, especially as an opener.
- Stars of History (Corsair and Zero): During the early years of World War II, Japan dominated the skies of the Pacific in the A6M2 Zero. The development of the F4U Corsair turned the tide started to turn in favor of the United States and the Allies. Charlie Lynch and Mark Murphy will pilot the genuine a Corsair and a Zero during a dogfight in the skies above the Raceway. The speed and agility of these aircraft will be on display for all to enjoy. Living history brought back to life!
- United States Coast Guard MH-65D Dolphin Search and Rescue Demonstration: The U.S. Coast Guard will perform a search and rescue demonstration with the MH-65D Dolphin. The Dolphin is a twin-engine, single main rotor, MEDEVAC capable Search and Rescue helicopter operated by the United States Coast Guard. The MH-65 Dolphin is used for homeland security patrols, cargo, drug interdiction, ice breaking, military readiness, pollution control, and search and rescue missions.
Note: More details and images of all performers can be found by visiting www.poconoairshow.com.
The 2021 event is under the planning and guidance of David Schultz Airshows LLC of Clearfield, Pa. Schultz Airshows has coordinated airshows and provided the Air Traffic Control and Announcing for over 500 events in their 25-year history all over North America and the Caribbean. Many of their events are well known in the region including airshows along the Atlantic City Beachfront, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, Dover AFB, Binghamton, NY, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pa.
For more information, please visit www.poconoairshow.com.
Note: All events, dates and times are subject to change without notice. Certain terms, conditions and fees may apply for ticket purchases.