SUNBURY and LONG POND, Pa. (June 13, 2018) – Weis Markets today announced it has become the official grocery store of Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pennsylvania for all events at the track in 2018. This includes two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races, a NASCAR Xfinity Series event, a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events, a Verizon IndyCar series race and two ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards events.
“Pocono Raceway offers great racing and one of the most family-friendly venues on the East Coast, providing a locally focused customer experience in our core markets of Pennsylvania and New Jersey,” said Ron Bonacci, Weis Markets’ Vice President, Advertising and Marketing. “We also look forward to incorporating our sponsorship into our marketing programs in the coming months to give our customers the chance to see great racing. This will be a great partnership for our customers, racing fans and our company.”
“We are thrilled to have Weis Markets join the Pocono family,” said Ben May, Pocono Raceway President. “Their dedication to our community and region is admirable and like Pocono Raceway, they deliver on value and service. The future of this program is very bright and we can’t wait to share what’s next.”
The sponsorship agreement was recently finalized with the American Marketing Group, which represents Pocono Raceway. Weis Markets sponsorship includes extensive signage, digital and audio recognition at all raceway events this year including:
- Friday, June 1 – General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 – ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
- Saturday, June 2 – Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J. P. Mascaro & Sons – NASCAR Xfinity Series
- Sunday, June 3 – Pocono 400 – Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
- Friday, July 27 – ModSpace 150 – ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
- Saturday, July 28 – Gander Outdoors 150 – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Sunday, July 29 – Gander Outdoors 400 – Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
- Sunday, August 19 – ABC Supply 500 – Verizon IndyCar Series
Weis Markets is also planning a NASCAR show car appearance schedule for stores near the track.