LONG POND, Pa. (July 3, 2019) – Pocono Raceway and David Schultz Airshows LLC are proud to reveal the schedule for “The Great Pocono Raceway Air Show” on August 24 & 25. Both show dates will feature the same, four-hour program with a mix of 12 high-flying aerobatic performances, historical reenactments and military salutes. Kids ages six and under are FREE, children ages seven to 12 are half price and adult tickets start at $15. “The Great Pocono Raceway Air Show” will be the first of its kind in the area to offer reserved, elevated Grandstand seating, shaded areas and facilities designed for the fan experience.
The full schedule, including additional details about each performer, can be found below or by visiting www.poconoairshow.com. Guest attending will have the opportunity to enjoy a host of activities and entertainment located inside the Raceway’s Fan Fair. The event will also feature helicopter rides in a vintage UH-1H Huey and Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides. Those details will be announced closer to “The Great Pocono Raceway Air Show” event dates.
Pocono Raceway expects a large walk-up attendance and highly recommends tickets be purchased prior to arrival for convenient and quick entry. Additionally, Pocono Raceway offers a mobile and print-at-home ticket delivery option which can be selected upon checkout. Mobile and print-at-home selection save ticket purchaser money and are a great direct-to-gate option for ease the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.poconoairshow.com or by calling 1-800-772-3929.
All tickets are reserved for “The Great Pocono Raceway Air Show,” and everyone, regardless of age will be required to have a ticket in hand. Kids’ ticket pricing will be adjusted during purchase to reflect free or half price, depending on the age. Event day parking is cash only and per vehicle. Parking is $10 for standard cars or $20 for RV’s and other oversize vehicles.
“The Great Pocono Raceway Air Show” Performers:
- Tora! Tora! Tora!– This historic recreation and remembrance of the attack on Pearl Harbor will feature 61 pyrotechnic features, including an estimated 5,000 foot wall of fire finale and up to 8 aircraft. The aircraft will include numerous Mitsubishi A6M “Zeros,” Aichi D3A “Vals,” a Nakajima B5N “Kates,” and a Curtis P-36 “Hawk.”
- Ace Maker Airshows T-33 – Fans will enjoy seeing the T-33 “Shooting Star” jet dazzle the skies above ‘The Tricky Triangle’ as it performs picture-perfect passes, vertical rolls, inverted aerobatics and more. The T-33 was one of America’s first operational jet fighters and trainers.
- Air Force Heritage Flight Foundation (AFHFF)– Spectators will witness the World War II Era P-51 “Mustang” flying in formation with the A-10 “Warthog.” In partnership with the USAF, the AFHFF promotes the USAF and celebrates the nation’s air power, influence and impact on America’s national security.
- David Windmiller Air Shows– An aerial ballet featuring a Zivko Edge 540 as it performs tumbles, spins, cartwheels, torque rolls and soaring feats of precision, climbing 3,700 feet in the air per second.
- Dougherty Airshows– Spectators will enjoy watching a 230-horsepower Christen Eagle, based in Eastern Pennsylvania, perform torque rolls, tail slides and tumbles, as well as the thrill of a barnstorming era featuring a 1930 Great Lakes aircraft.
- Greg Koontz Airshows and the Alabama Boys– The performance will include a ‘stolen’ 1946 Piper J-3 Club as it attempts to land on the back of a moving pickup truck.
- Kevin Russo Airshows– Show includes a solo SNJ-6 Texan performing multiple loops, barrel rolls, aileron rolls, eight-point rolls, 16-point rolls and more.
- Lewis & Clark Performance FLS Microjet – Dubbed the “World’s Smallest Jet,” this aircraft will thrill the crowd with an aerial display showing the FLS Microjet’s high performance and aerobatic capabilities.
- United States Army Golden Knights – The Golden Knights of the United States Army are one of only three Department of Defense-sanctioned aerial demonstration teams. The Golden Knights will showcase their highly technical skills while parachuting from the skies, often in precise formations landing on the Frontstretch of the Pocono Raceway.
- United States Air Force’s (USAF) Air Combat Command A-10C Thunderbolt II Demonstration Team – The A-10 will perform precision aerial maneuvers while highlighting the mission and professionalism of the men and women of the USAF. The A-10 “Warthog” is the USAF’s premier close air support aircraft, providing invaluable protection to troops on the ground.
- Younkin Airshows Beech 18 Aerobatics – One of the most unusual acts on the airshow circuit today, the Beech 18 performance will include Cuban eight-point rolls, loops, and several unique aerobatic maneuvers by one of the largest aircraft on the airshow circuit today. The act will conclude with a final pass, dubbed the ‘Elephant Waltz’ that you do not want to miss!
The 2019 event is under the planning and guidance of David Schultz Airshows LLC of Clearfield, PA. Schultz Airshows has coordinated airshows and provided the Air Traffic Control and Announcing for over 500 events all over North America and the Caribbean in their 25-year history. Many of their events are well known in the region including airshows along the Atlantic City Beachfront, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, Dover AFB, Binghamton, NY, and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA.
Note: All dates, times and performers are subject to change without notice. Certain terms, conditions and fees may apply for ticket purchases.