Did you know Pocono Raceway has 10 camping options available for their annual NASCAR Doubleheader Week events? Each camping option includes incredible perks and allows for guests to camp for five days and four nights. Spots are available in the infield, right along the fence along the straightaway between Turns 2 & 3 and just behind Turn 3 in the Geico Family Campgrounds.
Want to learn more? We had our staff come up with their top-five list of things to enjoy while camping at Pocono Raceway this summer!
- FREE! Who Doesn’t Love FREE: There are so many complimentary items which come with a NASCAR camping ticket at Pocono Raceway that we may need to start a new list! A few of these FREE items include FREE Grandstand and Fan Fair access on Friday and, best of all, kids (ages 12 and under) always camp for FREE!
- Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center*: Located in the heart of the Pocono Raceway infield this building is accessible for all race weekend camping guests. The Center has daily activities for all ages including healthy and wellness programs, yoga, arts and crafts, photography classes, paint-and-sips and more. Our friends at Northampton Community College will craft a full schedule of events and we may even invite a few NASCAR drivers to stop by too! A full schedule of events and additional information on those events will be provided to camping guests upon their arrival at RV and Camping Registration.
- #PoconoMtns Inclusive Playground: Located next to the Pocono Mountains Activities & Welcome Center, this playground is a place for kids of all abilities to learn, grow and play together. The 5,000-square-foot playground is open on race weekends for camping guests. The playground includes several key inclusive elements such as: a rocker designed for wheelchair access and seating for the respective caregiver, an element which provides upper-body strength conditioning for children as they use a hand peddler to move a platform back and forth and an aspect which will allow for side-by-side play among children in a wheelchair and those do not require one. To learn more about the #PoconoMtns Inclusive Playground, visit www.poconoraceway.com/playground.
- Bark Park – Dog Park: Pocono Raceway is recognized as one of the first motorsports venues to open a dog park inside their facility. Dogs are always welcome for NASCAR race weekend camping guests. The Bark Park is in our infield and just inside Turn 2. Your four-legged family members can meet new friends and enjoy the various obstacles inside the Bark Park together. Visit www.poconoraceway.com/barkpark to learn more!
- Infield Block Party & Fireworks Extravaganza*: When the sun goes down, the party is just getting started at Pocono Raceway’s Infield Block Party. The Infield Block Party is located along Earnhardt Road and is rocking from 5-11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights of our NASCAR event weekend. Come see live music, special NASCAR driver and guest appearances, activities for kids, great food and drinks for everyone! And, look to the skies when the sun sets on Saturday night for Pocono Raceway’s annual Fireworks Extravaganza – a 20-minute firework show with an epic ending! As the race weekend schedule nears, be sure to visit www.poconoraceway.com/blockparty for a full list of bands and entertainment at the Infield Block Party!
BONUS REASON TO CAMP – FUN FOR EVERYONE: Pack your camper and get to the Pocono Raceway for that fresh mountain air! As you can see there are tons of FREE amenities with your NASCAR event weekend campsite. We have seen a variety of guests camping in our infield and in the Geico Family Campgrounds ranging from family reunions to bachelor and bachelorette parties, new motorsports fans to NASCAR diehards or first-time campers to seasoned camping professionals. No matter which category or group you fall under, our guests have told us, “You have NOT experience Pocono until you have camped at Pocono!”
We hope to see you in late June for five days and four nights of camping fun at ‘The Tricky Triangle!’ Visit www.poconoraceway.com/camping for more info on camping.
Note: Certain camping sites may no longer be available for purchase. Contact the Pocono Raceway ticket office at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase camping sites. Certain areas, terms, conditions and capacity limits may apply. Pocono Raceway will follow state and local guidance, as well as direction from NASCAR, as it relates to COVID-19 restrictions, protocols and best practices. More information regarding will be issued prior to the Pocono Raceway’s 2021 NASCAR event weekend at www.poconoraceway.com.